* The W6v3’s employ a pole vent to remove heat and pressure from the inside of the speaker. This vent is located around the JL Audio badge at the rear of the speaker. A minimum distance of 0.5 in (13 mm) is required between the back of the speaker and any wall of the enclosure to allow proper operation of the pole vent.
* The enclosure recommendations listed are external dimensions which assume the use of 0.75 in (19 mm) thick material. If you are using 0.625 in (16 mm) thick material, subtract 0.25 in (6) from each dimension. Do not use any material with a thickness of less than 0.625 in (16 mm) as this may compromise the rigidity of the enclosure.
* All enclosure volumes listed are net internal volumes! Box volume displacement, port displacement and brace displacement must be added to obtain the final gross internal volume. All enclosure dimensions listed have already taken this into account.
* When using two subwoofers in a common enclosure simply double the required volume and, in the case of a ported enclosure, use two times the recommended port(s).
* We recommend the use of this speaker in a bi-amplified system using high-quality satellite speakers and amplifiers. We do not recommend the use of this subwoofer with a passive crossover (coil), as this type of device will adversely affect performance.