Quiet DC drive
The heart of the TURN 3 MK2 is a synchronous belt drive, powered by a low-vibration DC motor - motor noises are thus hardly perceptible.
Electronic speed control for 33, 45 & 78 rpm
The TURN 3 MK2 eliminates the need to change the drive belt. Depending on the choice of record, the desired speed can be conveniently set to 33, 45 or 78 RPM with the large speed control knob. Even shellac records can be played back when using a suitable pick-up system.
Revised tonearm construction
The redesigned tonearm, especially developed for the TURN 3 MK2, offers a remarkably good tracking performance for an outstanding sound experience.
The anti-skating adjustment of the tonearm can be conveniently set via a special wheel for perfect tracking adjustment.
The headshell connection is equipped with a GM/SME mechanism. This allows the preferred headshells and systems to be individually mounted on the tonearm.
USB recording function
The integrated USB interface allows you to digitise your favourite records directly on PC/MAC in CD quality. Ideal for listening on the go or for archiving your cherished vinyl collection.
With the integrated semi-automatic control, the TURN 3 MK2 automatically stops at the end of a record. In addition, it is possible to deactivate the semi-automatic control in order to control the playback manually.
Decoupled, shock-absorbing feet help to prevent any unwanted vibrations and guarantee a clean audio signal.
Precision-manufactured die-cast aluminium turntable
The turntable of the TURN 3 MK2 is made of a heavy aluminium die-cast construction, which provides a solid and consistent rotational performance. The heavy and precise fabrication also adds additional mass, helping to eliminate unwanted resonances for the best possible acoustic results.
Solid base with piano finish
The sturdy and solid MDF base, covered with a fine piano finish, ensures a detailed and warm sound image.
Immediate listening pleasure with hi-tech Ortofon cartridge
The TURN 3 MK2 is equipped with a pre-assembled, high-quality Ortofon 2M Red pick-up system.
- Authentic HiFi turntable with precision belt drive
- Supplied with pre-assembled Ortofon 2M Red cartridge
- Optimised tonearm design for optimal tracking accuracy with flexible SME mounting
- Integrated high-quality preamplifier, can be switched on/off (phono/line output)
- USB recording function: recording and digitalisation of vinyl via simple USB connection for PC/Mac
- Semi-automatic stop function (can be activated optionally)
- Manual tonearm lift for analogue playback pleasure
- Low-vibration DC motor
- Integrated motor control with large speed selector switch (33/45/78 RPM)
- External DC power supply for trouble-free operation (100-230 V / 12 V / 500 mA)
- Precision-machined die-cast aluminium platter for resonance optimisation
- Infinitely adjustable anti-skating system with rotary wheel for optimum tracking accuracy
- Gold-plated, anti-corrosion connectors (all cables removable)
- Special turntable feet for effective decoupling
- High-gloss piano-finish cabinet
- On/Off switch on the back of the unit
- Incl. Ortofon 2M Red cartridge pre-mounted on headshell, counterweight, dust cover incl. hinges, felt mat, aluminium turntable, 7" aluminium adapter, RCA & USB cable and international power supply (UK/EU/US)
TURN 3 MK2:
- Type of turntable: Belt drive
- Motor: DC Motor
- Rotation speeds: 33 1/3, 45 & 78
- Wow and Flutter: 0.2% WRMS
- Analogue Output: Phono / Line, switchable
- Connections: RCA Audio output (gold-plated), USB type B
- Phono Output Level: 4.0 mV (with Ortofon 2M Red)
- Line Output Level: 224 mV (with Ortofon 2M Red)
- Tone Arm type: Straight
- Effective Arm Length: 223.6 mm
- Effective tonearm mass: 21.4 g
- Overhang: 18.6 mm
- Tracking force Range: 18 mN
- Platter diameter: 300 mm
- Anti-Skating adjustment: Yes
- Type of cartridge: MM (Ortofon 2M Red)
- Power consumption: 6W
- S/N: >60 dB or higher
- USB Audio Output with 48 kHz / 16-Bit
- USB Funktion: USB rec. function
- Supported Operating System: Windows & Mac
- Dimensions: 450 x 352 x 138.7 mm (incl. Dust cover)
- Weight: 6.5 kg
Ortofon 2M Red:
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.: 5,5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz: 1,5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz: 22 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz: 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB: 20-22.000 Hz
- Frequency response: 20-20.000 Hz + 3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 70 μMm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 20 μMm
- Stylus type: Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius: r/R 8/18 μMm
- Tracking force range: 1,6-2,0g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 1,8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 1,3 kOhm
- Internal inductance: 700 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus: Black/Red
- Cartridge weight: 7.2 g